Tapecon is pleased to share that our Director of Operations, Michael Gebera, has been named as Executive Vice President of APICS Buffalo Chapter.
As Executive Vice President, Michael is the president-elect for the chapter. To carry out the duties of the executive vice presidency, the executive vice president assists the president in running the chapter.
The main responsibilities include:
- Prepare for the transition of power of president to the executive vice president.
- Coordinate succession in leadership with the president. Ensure no vacuum in leadership exists when transition of office occurs.
- Understand the inner workings of the presidency and of the chapter.
- Attend professional development meetings (PDMs) and greet the general membership.
- Act as an ambassador for the chapter. The ambassador assists other board members in their responsibilities ensuring the work load is evenly divided.
- Attend all BOD, PDM, special events, Congress for Progress (CP), and District activities.
- Chair the BOD meetings in the event the president is absent.
- Assist in the recruitment of new BOD members.
- Maintain an accurate job description for the position.
- Assist in the preparation of the chapter’s CMS and C-Bar annual filing.
Michael is also the past Director of Membership for APICS Buffalo Chapter.
Congratulations to Michael. We are proud of his drive to support operations and supply chain management Tapecon and in Buffalo Chapter. http://apics-buffalo.org/
APICS is the world’s leading community for end-to-end supply chain excellence. APICS Mission: Fostering the advancement of end-to-end supply chain management through a body of knowledge, innovation research, systems, and methods to create value for customers, members, and organizations. http://www.apics.org